There are a lot of myths surrounding food safety. In this episode, our guest speaker Dr. Schneider breaks down the truth about these often-heard food safety suggestions:
- Always wash your fruits and vegetables, even when pre-washed.
- Wash raw chicken before cooking.
- Freezing food kills harmful bacteria.
- It’s okay to thaw meat on the counter.
- Check if your meat is done with a thermometer.
- You don’t need to deep clean a grill every time it is used.
Listen in for some helpful tips for keeping food safe over the summer and especially in preparation for holidays, parties and get togethers.