In this episode, we speak with Dr. Courtenay Simmons, Program Specialist at the United States Department of Agriculture, National Institute of Food and Agriculture, about the Food Safety Outreach Program (FSOP).
- The program’s history and what it does
- Types of projects the program supports
- The 4 regional centers for food safety
- How to access resources and get involved with the FSOP community
Learn more about the Food Safety Outreach Project on the USDA’s website: https://www.nifa.usda.gov/grants/programs/food-safety/food-safety-outreach-program
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about food safety policy.
Find information and contact the 4 regional centers using the links below:
1. Southern Center for Food Safety Training, Outreach and Technical Assistance at the University of Florida (UF/IFAS): https://sc.ifas.ufl.edu | Contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Northeast Center to Advance Food Safety (NECAFS) at the University of Vermont: https://www.uvm.edu/extension/necafs | Contact e-mail: email@example.com
3. North Central Region Center for FSMA Training, Extension and Technical Assistance (NCR FSMA) at Iowa State University: https://www.ncrfsma.org | Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Western Regional Center to Enhance Food Safety (WRC) at Oregon State University: https://agsci.oregonstate.edu/wrcefs | Contact -email: email@example.com
Learn more about FOG’s upcoming food safety-related podcast, events and webinars on our website: https://foginfo.org/food-safety-for-producers/
For the latest news on FSMA, visit the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Website: